I recently heard on CBC’s Quirks and Quarks that a study in the USA has proved that your beliefs about yourself are as important as your biological disposition (DNA), in some peoples cases, more so !
To me this scientifically proves the success over hundreds of years, of the use of hypnosis to make personal change.
More recently professional athletes have used hypnosis to visualize themselves perfecting techniques, for example in golf.
The book “The Brain That Changes Itself” is filled with examples of folks who have used creative techniques to take advantage of the brains natural neuroplasticity, literally rewiring their minds !
When you work with a well trained and certified hypnotherapist, you can make changes in your life that become permanent !
Don’t dream it , BE IT !
5 Ways for a Naturally Improved Sleep
So you’ve just got back from a concert, the gym, evening classes and it’s late. You’ve got to get up early in the morning, but you’re too wired to sleep. Sound familiar ?
We are usually over-stimulated and under-active; in-fact most folks in western societies, and especially big cities, have a hard time falling asleep.
Are You Sleep Deprived?
If you wake up naturally at the same time every day then you are getting enough sleep … not you ? The average adult today gets 6 to 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night, in the 1960’s it was 8 1/2 hours, and in 1910’s 9 hours was the adult populations average length of sleep.
Problems Created by Lack of Sleep
You may not realize it, but in missing out on your snooze time, you are:
- more likely to gain weight
- feel more anxious, stressed
- harder to learn, focus
- memory loss
- you are more likely to become ill
- you can age more rapidly
Naturally Improving Sleep
Here are a few top tips on how to improve your quality and depth of sleep.
- try to finish your evening meal at least 3 hours before your intended bed time
- refrain from using electronic devices for around an hour before your intended bed time
- a soak in the tub, with epsom salts for 20 minutes to relax your muscles
- a soothing natural tea, such a chamomile or a tea mix for sleep, can work wonders
- get yourself well supported and comfortable in bed, and settle in with a good book
Hypnosis CDs and self-hypnosis are excellent tools to support you with all habit changes. If you decide to come and work three hypnosis sessions with me to improve your sleep, you will receive a complimentary CD or mp3 of my ‘Guided Meditation for a Deep and Natural Sleep.’