5 Ways for a Naturally Improved Sleep
So you’ve just got back from a concert, the gym, evening classes and it’s late. You’ve got to get up early in the morning, but you’re too wired to sleep. Sound familiar ?
We are usually over-stimulated and under-active; in-fact most folks in western societies, and especially big cities, have a hard time falling asleep.
Are You Sleep Deprived?
If you wake up naturally at the same time every day then you are getting enough sleep … not you ? The average adult today gets 6 to 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night, in the 1960’s it was 8 1/2 hours, and in 1910’s 9 hours was the adult populations average length of sleep.
Problems Created by Lack of Sleep
You may not realize it, but in missing out on your snooze time, you are:
- more likely to gain weight
- feel more anxious, stressed
- harder to learn, focus
- memory loss
- you are more likely to become ill
- you can age more rapidly
Naturally Improving Sleep
Here are a few top tips on how to improve your quality and depth of sleep.
- try to finish your evening meal at least 3 hours before your intended bed time
- refrain from using electronic devices for around an hour before your intended bed time
- a soak in the tub, with epsom salts for 20 minutes to relax your muscles
- a soothing natural tea, such a chamomile or a tea mix for sleep, can work wonders
- get yourself well supported and comfortable in bed, and settle in with a good book
Hypnosis CDs and self-hypnosis are excellent tools to support you with all habit changes. If you decide to come and work three hypnosis sessions with me to improve your sleep, you will receive a complimentary CD or mp3 of my ‘Guided Meditation for a Deep and Natural Sleep.’