I recently heard on CBC’s Quirks and Quarks that a study in the USA has proved that your beliefs about yourself are as important as your biological disposition (DNA), in some peoples cases, more so !
To me this scientifically proves the success over hundreds of years, of the use of hypnosis to make personal change.
More recently professional athletes have used hypnosis to visualize themselves perfecting techniques, for example in golf.
The book “The Brain That Changes Itself” is filled with examples of folks who have used creative techniques to take advantage of the brains natural neuroplasticity, literally rewiring their minds !
When you work with a well trained and certified hypnotherapist, you can make changes in your life that become permanent !
Don’t dream it , BE IT !
The theme for World No Tobacco Day, 31 May 2017, is “Tobacco – a threat to development.” I am sure you already know the of pros and cons for smoking, such as health, finances and odours.
Did you know about the environmental impact of smoking?
- Tobacco waste contains over 7000 toxic chemicals that poison the environment, including human carcinogens.
- Tobacco smoke emissions contribute thousands of tons of human carcinogens, toxicants, and greenhouse gases to the environment.
- Tobacco waste is the largest type of litter, by count, globally.
- Up to 10 billion of the 15 billion cigarettes sold daily are disposed in the environment.
- Cigarette butts account for 30–40% of all items collected in coastal and urban clean-ups.
If you are choosing to quit smoking today, you can know you’ll be helping yourself as well as the environment!